I took note of yet another:
- foreign-born individual watching a news show on a phone in a language I didn't recognize.
- woman dressed like she's going to a folk festival (electric blue and white sneakers, turquoise knee socks, a multi-colored peasant dress, pure white jacket and straw fedora.
- teenager sucking down a 20 oz. Starbuck's -- maybe a mocha, judging from the whipped cream on his chin.
- music fan bopping so hard to the sounds in his earbuds he takes up a seat-and-a-half.
- woman well over six feet tall.
- woman tweezing her eyebrows.*
- rider looking at me as if I were an alien, ghost, zombie or long-lost twin.
- rider I've seen whose blank demeanor never changes. Today, for the first time, he seems to notice his surroundings.
And yet another picturesque crossing of the Steel Bridge -
overcast, lights twinkling, shadows drifting in the river.
- unfortunate smoker standing outside a building, looking every bit as cool as he hoped he'd look back when he tried his first cigarette.
- week-old beard.
- black jacket.
- rider wearing a picture I.D.proudly hung around her neck like an Olympic medal.
- old man holding a hand-carved staff topped by a (carved) owl, and wearing a bowling shirt.
- 400-lb. individual overflowing from a wheelchair.
- bike rider who could have bought a car for the amount of money that went into the bike, accessories and clothing.
- guy from Intel (I.D. hung around his neck) playing on a laptop, apparently able to connect to the Internet in the middle of the Sunset tunnel (?)
- woman doing her best to look like a teenage boy.
* Rouge, eye shadow and lips followed. She finished with a lip smack, a cosmetic kit clack and a mask of satisfaction.